- Variety of Locations across Northern Suburbs and Northern Beaches, Sydney
- Great opportunities for career growth and development
About the program
Join our vibrant, faith based agency providing innovative social care services to 14000+ children, young people, individuals and families in the Northern Metropolitan Sydney and on the Central Coast.
Outside School Hours Care is a career which is both rewarding and fun with the opportunity to work in a creative way with school age children. CatholicCare’s energetic, passionate and experienced Children’s Services team provide high quality before and after school, and vacation care throughout the Central Coast, Northern Beaches and North Western Sydney.
What a current employee has to say about working in OSHC:
“I love working at OOSH because it gives us the ultimate opportunity to provide children with all the fun learning and playing experiences outside the constraints of the school timetable . We have the time and capacity to know every child and help them in safe and engaging environments.”
OSHC has an incredible scope of opportunities, as the children enjoy the foundational elements of play that they enjoyed in their early years as well as taking their learning to extraordinary heights when they have a particular interest.Their age introduces a new level of collaboration, inquisition and wonder with greater variability in the age and developmental stages within the group.
Consider a career in OSHC!
We are seeking passionate OSHC Educators to work casually across our many OSHC services, with opportunities for permanent employment.
Locations include Carlingford, Forestville, Freshwater, Lindfield, Manly, Manly Vale, Mona Vale, Pymble, Waitara and West Pymble.
The OSHC Educator is responsible for:
- Assisting in implementing a leisure based fun program for school aged children.
- Assisting the Coordinator in ensuring adherence to and compliance with relevant law, regulations such as the My Time Our Place Framework, National Quality Framework and National Regulations and Standards
- Providing a safe, nurturing and positive learning environment for children
- Building strong and effective relationships with children and their families
To be considered for this role you will:
- Possess experience or interest in working in Children Services
- Possess current Working with Children Clearance
- Obtained or willingness to obtain First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis, and Identify and Respond training
- Ability to build respectful relationships with fellow educators, families, children and other professionals
- Hold a Certificate III in Children Services
- Have a high level of understanding and demonstrated experience in regards to the My Time Our Place Framework and the National Quality Standards
Working with CatholicCare
CatholicCare offers a range of initiatives to actively promote your life/work balance and development of our employees through:
- Working for a not for profit organisation who strive for a world where people are safe, happy, well and connected with each other in inclusive communities;
- Great training and learning opportunities to help further your career;
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support;
If you are a passionate person who realises the tremendous opportunity that this role offers and want to utilise your skills and passion in a rewarding environment, we want to hear from you!
Simply complete your work history & education information on the application page and submit your resume. You are welcome to include any certificates or licences in the education section to assist us in assessing your suitability for this role.
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. All child related roles are subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check Clearance in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
Completing a National Criminal History Record Check clearance is a requirement of this position
No recruitment agencies please