- Forestville Location
- Before and After School Hours Care
- Salary packaging benefits
About the program
Join our vibrant, faith based agency providing innovative social care services to 14000+ children, young people, individuals and families in the Northern Metropolitan Sydney and on the Central Coast.
Outside School Hours Care is a career which is both rewarding and fun with the opportunity to work in a creative way with school age children. CatholicCare’s energetic, passionate and experienced Children’s Services team provide high quality before and after school, and vacation care throughout the Central Coast, Northern Beaches and North Western Sydney.
What a current employee has to say about working in OSHC:
“I love working at OOSH because it gives us the ultimate opportunity to provide children with all the fun learning and playing experiences outside the constraints of the school timetable . We have the time and capacity to know every child and help them in safe and engaging environments.”
OSHC has an incredible scope of opportunities, as the children enjoy the foundational elements of play that they enjoyed in their early years as well as taking their learning to extraordinary heights when they have a particular interest.Their age introduces a new level of collaboration, inquisition and wonder with greater variability in the age and developmental stages within the group.
Consider a career in OSHC!
- Assisting in implementing programs for children aged 5 – 12 years in Before School Care and After School Care
- Ensuring that all policies and procedures are adhered to
- Building relationships with children, their families and school staff
All applicants must have a Working With Children Check.
We are currently seeking highly motivated individual to work in our Outside School Hours program based in Forestville, Sydney. To be considered for this role you will:
- Possess experience in working with school age children
- Have some exposure to programming experiences in a child care environment
- Understand the National Law & Regulations, and National Quality Framework including 'My Time Our Place"
- Demonstrate strong relationship management skills and the ability to build sound networks in the school and community
- Satisfy requirements to be the Day to Day Supervisor in the Coordinators absence
- Possess current Working with Children Clearance, First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis, and Identify and Respond (or be prepared to obtain).
Working with CatholicCare
CatholicCare offers a range of initiatives to actively promote your life/work balance and development of our employees through:
- Working for a not for profit organisation who strive for a world where people are safe, happy, well and connected with each other in inclusive communities;
- Great training and learning opportunities to help further your career;
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support;
- Salary packaging benefits to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free, as well as additional meal and entertainment benefits.
If you are a passionate person who realises the tremendous opportunity that this role offers and want to utilise your skills and passion in a rewarding environment, we want to hear from you!
Simply complete your work history & education information on the application page and submit your resume. You are welcome to include any certificates or licences in the education section to assist us in assessing your suitability for this role.
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Please apply by 6 August 2019.
CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. All child related roles are subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check Clearance in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
Completing a National Criminal History Record Check clearance is a requirement of this position
No recruitment agencies please