- Brookvale location
- Permanent Part-time position (3 days per week)
- Access to excellent salary packaging benefits
About the program
Join our vibrant, faith-based agency providing innovative social care services to 14,000+ children, young people, individuals and families in the Northern Metropolitan Sydney and on the Central Coast.
We are seeking a Financial Counsellor to join our Northern Beaches Family Centre at Brookvale. This position provides high quality assistance to consumers in relation to credit and debt issues.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Providing financial counselling to clients about financial and debt related issues;
- Advocating and negotiating with creditors on clients' behalf on issues related to the clients inability to pay bills and debts;
- Explaining the credit laws, the debt recovery process, bankruptcy etc. to clients;
- Increasing client’s knowledge of financial issues and how to avoid getting into financial difficulties in the future;
- Providing information on entitlements and forms of government assistance;
- Making referrals to other welfare and/or legal services;
As well as other duties specified in the attached Position Description.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- a Diploma of Financial Counselling, or Diploma of Community Services (Financial Counselling), or working towards obtaining the Diploma;
- Oral and written communication skills - the ability to express oneself clearly in business writing and in conversations and interactions with others
- A good level of computer literacy, especially Microsoft Word and Excel and the ability to use a database for client record keeping purposes
- A client service focus, integrity and a commitment to teamwork
As well as other criteria specified in the attached Position Description.
Working with CatholicCare
CatholicCare offers a range of initiatives to actively promote your life/work balance and development of our employees through:
- Working for a not for profit organisation who strive for a world where people are safe, happy, well and connected with each other in inclusive communities;
- Great training and learning opportunities to help further your career;
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support;
- Salary packaging benefits to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free, as well as additional meal and entertainment benefits.
If you are a passionate person who realises the tremendous opportunity that this role offers and want to utilise your skills and passion in a rewarding environment, we want to hear from you!
Please provide a cover letter addressing the role requirements, complete your work history and education information on the application page and submit your resume.
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Please apply by 27 September 2019.
CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. All child related roles are subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check Clearance in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
Completing a National Criminal History Record Check clearance is a requirement of this position
No recruitment agencies please