Student Placement Opportunities – Social Workers and Occupational Therapists
- Varied locations across Northern Sydney and the Central Coast
- Short sharp, medium and long term placements opportunities available
- Fantastic learning in a supportive organisation
- Only three placements at a time available for the right people seeking a genuine workplace-based experience for their placement.
About Catholic Care, Diocese of Broken Bay
We are a vibrant, faith-based agency providing innovative social care services to 14,000+ children, young people, individuals and families in the Northern Metropolitan Sydney and on the Central Coast.
About the opportunity
Catholic Care Diocese of Broken Bay is pleased to be offering varied opportunities to students while they are in the process of completing their studies. We are committed to providing meaningful, insightful and well-organised placements to our students in the areas of Social Work and Occupational Therapy.
We have organised placement opportunities that are either short term one-off projects, medium term research and application options, or long term varied placements with dedicated research projects prepared for each student. An example of research study areas include trauma, common barriers of Young People in residential support settings, Occupational Therapy assessments, creating a Life Skills-based Learning Course, Language Development, Social Skills as well as many other topics. More information about the research topics will be provided during the interview process.
We are dedicated to working with you and your Educational Institution to complete your Student Placement and request that all students disclose any special requirements required (for example, Supervision expectations, hours required etc…) and also provide evidence of insurances from their Educational Institution.
If you are interested in a fantastic opportunity to learn while working with purpose in an organisation that proudly makes a difference in the lives of others, then we would love to hear from you!
To be considered for this role you will:
- Be currently enrolled in Tertiary qualifications in Psychology or Occupational Therapy;
- Demonstrate a commitment to wanting to make a difference in the lives of others;
- Have excellent communication and time management skills;
- Hold a valid working with children check clearance;
- Be willing to complete a Criminal History check; and
- Have a valid NSW drivers’ licence and own car.
Please provide a cover letter addressing why this opportunity would be fantastic for you, submit your resume and complete the application process online.
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. All child related roles are subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check Clearance in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
Completing a National Criminal History Record Check clearance is a requirement of this position
No recruitment agencies please