- NEW Memory Innovations Centre
- Max-term Contract (January 2020 until June 2020)
- Part-time Hours (8 hours per week)
- Waitara, Sydney Location
About the program
CatholicCare has recently received funding for an exciting new project we have called the Memory Innovations Centre.
Opening at Clarke Road in Waitara on Monday 27 January 2020, the Centre aims to improve quality of life, wellbeing and cognition for older Australians through use of emerging technologies (including virtual reality, brain programs, smart home devices) and creative activities – all focused on having fun and connecting with others.
Participants will have access to a variety of programs and education sessions run by experts including a Social Worker, Exercise Physiologist, Psychologist, Nutritionist/Dietician, Occupational Therapist, Dance/Music Therapist and Creative Arts Therapist.
The programs are designed to improve the quality of life, wellbeing and cognition of people living in the community with concerns about their memory by combining science and social activity.
The simplicity of the programs is key. Our aim is to empower the client and carer to deliver these programs at home.
About the Opportunity
We are seeking an experienced Nutritionist / Dietician to work with our clients to develop and implement specific programs that will help them to meet their nutrition / wellbeing goals. You will be responsible for facilitating group-based cooking programs and provide insight into health and simple eating to maintain good health. You will work closely with other Allied Health Professionals.
This exciting opportunity is for 6 months and is 8 hours per week with potential to extend. (The day/s of the week are flexible)
Please review duties as specified in the attached Position Description.
To be considered for this role you will:
- Hold a Bachelor of Nutrition or Dietetics;
- Have current registration, or willingness and capability to obtain registration, with the professional body relevant to the qualification;
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a treatment setting;
- Experience facilitating group cooking programs (Highly desirable with seniors)
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Hold experience being able to engage with a diverse range of stakeholders;
- As well as other criteria specified in the attached Position Description.
Previous experience working with people living with dementia will be highly regarded.
We welcome candidates with Private Practice to apply also.
Working with CatholicCare
CatholicCare offers a range of initiatives to actively promote your life/work balance and development of our employees through:
- Working for a not for profit organisation who strive for a world where people are safe, happy, well and connected with each other in inclusive communities;
- Great training and learning opportunities to help further your career;
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support;
- Salary packaging benefits to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free, as well as additional meal and entertainment benefits.
If you are a passionate person who realises the tremendous opportunity that this role offers and want to utilise your skills and passion in a rewarding environment, we want to hear from you!
Simply complete your work history & education information on the application page and submit your resume. You are welcome to include any certificates or licences in the education section to assist us in assessing your suitability for this role.
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Please note that we are currently interviewing. We may consider late applications so welcome you to apply.
CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. All child related roles are subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check Clearance in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
Completing a National Criminal History Record Check clearance is a requirement of this position
No recruitment agencies please