- Located on the grounds of St John the Baptist Woy Woy
- Access to excellent salary packaging benefits
- Part-time Hours (37.5 hours per week)
- Max term Contract – January 2020 to 18 December 2020
About the program
Join our vibrant, faith based agency providing innovative social care services to 14000+ children, young people, individuals and families in the Northern Metropolitan Sydney and on the Central Coast.
We are seeking a passionate Early Childhood Teacher to join our Early Learning Centre based at Woy Woy. The Early Learning Teacher helps to oversee the provision of early childhood care and education for children of the group to which they are responsible. In doing so, they help to ensure the program meets the relevant Regulations and Quality standards.
This role is a Term-time role which means that the Early Childhood Teacher is not required to work during School Holidays. The School Holidays are unpaid. This is a 12-month Contract, working 37.5 hours per week during the school terms only.
The Early Childhood Teacher is responsible for:
- Ensuring that the program documentation for the room is kept up to date;
- Working with other staff in the room to plan a program that meets the interests and needs of all children;
- Ensuring that children are well supervised;
- Assisting the Coordinator in ensuring adherence to and compliance with relevant law, regulations such as the Early Years Learning Framework, National Quality Framework and National Regulations and Standards
- Providing a safe, nurturing and positive learning environment for children
- Building strong and effective relationships with children and their families
To be considered for this role you will:
- Hold a Degree in Early Childhood Teacher Education;
- Possess experience working in Children Services;
- Be able to provide evidence of current Teacher Accreditation status;
- Have a high level of understanding and demonstrated experience in regards to the Early Years Learning Framework and the National Quality Standards
- Possess current Working with Children Clearance, First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis, and Identify and Respond.
- Ability to build respectful relationships with fellow educators, families, children and other professionals
Working with CatholicCare
CatholicCare offers a range of initiatives to actively promote your life/work balance and development of our employees through:
- Working for a not for profit organisation who strive for a world where people are safe, happy, well and connected with each other in inclusive communities;
- Great training and learning opportunities to help further your career;
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support;
- Salary packaging benefits to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free, as well as additional meal and entertainment benefits.
If you are a passionate person who realises the tremendous opportunity that this role offers and want to utilise your skills and passion in a rewarding environment, we want to hear from you!
Simply complete your work history & education information on the application page and submit your resume. You are welcome to include any certificates or licences in the education section to assist us in assessing your suitability for this role.
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Please apply by 3 December 2019.
CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. All child related roles are subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check Clearance in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
Completing a National Criminal History Record Check clearance is a requirement of this position
No recruitment agencies please