- Work within our model of Intensive Therapeutic Care (OOHC)
- Central Coast NSW Location
- Permanent full-time position
- Enjoy great benefits, proactive self-care, salary packaging and a strong team environment.
Known previously as Out of Home Care, CatholicCare's Permanency Support Program (PSP) implements Intensive Therapeutic Care (ITC) services on the Central Coast and in Sydney's northern suburbs to support children and young people in our care who have experienced trauma and neglect.
Intensive Therapeutic Care provides an alternative to the long-term residential model of care, focusing on recovery from trauma, the achievement of positive life outcomes and a broad range of placement options for children and young people.
You will have the opportunity to work with the support and direction of the Manager ITC to be guided by the principles of permanency support and intensive therapeutic care. You will use your energy and practical leadership approach to:
- Manage the operations of the house and the team of Youth Workers working with you;
- Provide mentoring and support to your team, ensuring they have the right tools to create positive change;
- Work closely with your team and the broader care team to provide individual support to children and young people;
- Be responsible for rostering, house budgets and accounts, safeguarding, risk and WHS, and overseeing reporting and documentation;
- Develop a collaborative and accountable team through your focus on strengths-based solutions-focused supervision, reflective practice, self-care, performance and achievement of outcomes.
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Degree qualification in Social Work, Psychology or Social Welfare, including electives on trauma, OR
- Relevant Diploma and Graduate Certificate with significant training in Developmental Trauma, Statutory Child Protection, or Client Intervention and Case Management.
- Demonstrated experience in working with high risk or vulnerable children and young people in an out of home care environment;
- Strong background in leading a small team using contemporary approaches;
- Experience in effective staff recruitment and management.
As a House Supervisor you may work across any of our locations on the Central Coast and in Northern Sydney. Flexibility to be rostered to work as part of the house roster, to work after hours and at weekends and to undertake on-call duties is required for these roles.
Working at CatholicCare
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work for a strength’s-based employer with great work benefits, proactive self-care initiatives and in a great team environment making a difference to families, children and young people in the community.
- Regular reflective and practice supervision opportunities.
- Assistance with the development and review of plans to support your well-being.
- Access to inhouse and external training and learning opportunities.
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support.
Salary packaging benefits to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free, as well as additional meal and entertainment benefits (available for all permanent staff).
If you also feel you reflect our organisational values of Respect, Hope, Commitment, Professionalism, Excellence and Social Justice and if you have strong youth engagement skills combined with high levels of professionalism, ethical behaviour and sound understanding of professional boundaries, we want to hear from you!
Complete your work history & education information on the application page, answer a series of questions and submit your application. You are welcome to include any qualifications, certificates or licences in the education section to assist us in assessing your suitability for this role.
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. All child related roles are subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check Clearance in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
Completing a National Criminal History Record Check clearance is a requirement of this position
No recruitment agencies please