- Fixed Term Contract (5/10/2020- 30/06/2021)
- Part-time (3 days, 22.8 hours)
- Tuggerah, Central Coast Location
- Access to excellent salary packaging benefits
About the program
Join our vibrant, faith-based agency providing innovative social care services to 23,000+ children, young people, individuals and families in the Northern Metropolitan Sydney and on the Central Coast.
We are seeking a Homelessness Support Worker to join our KEYS program on the Central Coast working with Young Parents. The KEYS supports homeless young parents (aged 16-24) to change their situations with innovative solutions. We use a client centred, strength based, trauma informed framework to support young parent to meet their goals and address the causes of their homelessness.
The purpose of this position is to engage young parents effectively and support them through quality case management to address their homelessness issues, support young parents to build life skills, provide at risk of homelessness support, advocacy and referral.
More information about the responsibilities of the role can be found in the attached Position Description.
To be considered for this role you will :
- Hold Tertiary qualifications in appropriate area e.g., Community Welfare, Social Work, or relevant industry experience
- Demonstrate detailed knowledge of and experience working with homelessness, young parents and the needs of homeless young parents
- Demonstrate practice of actively engaging and motivating young homeless parents
- Have excellent knowledge, understanding and experience of working with young parents with complex needs and the impact of trauma
- Have demonstrated experience in managing a caseload and case planning, including people with complex and/or high needs
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Hold a valid working with children check clearance;
- Current and valid NSW Driver’s licence
- As well as other criteria specified in the attached Position Description.
Working with CatholicCare
CatholicCare offers a range of initiatives to actively promote your life/work balance and development of our employees through:
- Working for a not for profit organisation who strive for a world where people are safe, happy, well and connected with each other in inclusive communities;
- Great training and learning opportunities to help further your career;
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support;
- Salary packaging benefits to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free, as well as additional meal and entertainment benefits.
If you are a passionate person who realises the tremendous opportunity that this role offers and want to utilise your skills and passion in a rewarding environment, we want to hear from you!
Please provide a cover letter addressing the role requirements, complete your work history and education information on the application page and submit your resume.
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Please apply by 1 September 2020
We are currently interviewing for this role. Late applicants may be considered.
CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. All child related roles are subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check Clearance in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
Completing a National Criminal History Record Check clearance is a requirement of this position
No recruitment agencies please