- Sports Academy within Disability Futures program
- Vacation Care within Disability Futures program
- Group & Individual Supports in innovative programs
- Casual Positions Available
- Central Coast Location (various locations)
About the NEW program
CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay is launching a new and exciting Disability Futures program located on the Central Coast.
This new program offers creative, fun, active, safe and inspiring activities for our clients who have diverse abilities.
About the opportunity
We are currently seeking highly motivated and energetic individuals as Activity Support Partners in a casual capacity within the Disability Futures Team. Using your people’s skills and knowledge you will deliver person-centred activities in supervised or unsupervised settings to participants.
We are seeking candidates who have skills in a range of active, creative and recreational activities to support and encourage our clients to participate. Candidates with skills in sports, outdoor fitness, physical fitness or recreational leadership would be welcomed as would those with experience leading workshops or activities of any kind – creative, active or educational.
Candidates must have fantastic communication skills and have a passion for making a difference in the lives of others.
To be considered for this role you will:
- Hold sports/fitness experience (desirable, not essential)
- Have interests/talents you’d like to share with others;
- Have experience providing support to clients with a Disability;
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills;
- Have great organisational skills and be reliable;
- Have a passion for making a difference in the lives of others
- As well as other criteria specified in the attached Position Description.
A certificate III or above in Disability Services or related discipline would be an advantage.
Working with CatholicCare
CatholicCare offers a range of initiatives to actively promote your life/work balance and development of our employees through:
- Working for a not for profit organisation who strive for a world where people are safe, happy, well and connected with each other in inclusive communities;
- Great training and learning opportunities to help further your career;
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support;
If you are a passionate person who realises the tremendous opportunity that this role offers and want to utilise your skills and passion in a rewarding environment, we want to hear from you!
Simply complete your work history & education information on the application page and attach your resume & cover letter. You are welcome to include any certificates or licences in the education section to assist us in assessing your suitability for this role.
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. All child related roles are subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check Clearance in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
Completing a National Criminal History Record Check clearance is a requirement of this position
No recruitment agencies please