- Waitara, Sydney Location
- Max-Term Contract (until 30th June 2022)
- Full-time Hours
- Access to excellent salary packaging benefits
About the program
Join our vibrant, faith-based agency providing innovative social care services to 23,000+ children, young people, individuals and families in the Northern Metropolitan Sydney and on the Central Coast.
We are seeking a Homelessness Caseworker to join our Specialist Homeless Services program located within our Waitara Family Centre. This position provides quality case management, case coordination, support and information to homeless individuals and families with complex needs. The SHS team contributes to the delivery of a comprehensive supported accommodation service that provides a suite of support for individuals and families to assist them in addressing the challenges to sustaining secure housing and improving the quality of their lives.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Screening suitability for internal individual and family support services and making referrals to other services where appropriate;
- Ensuring a safe, supportive and stable living environment is provided for clients accessing CatholicCare’s accommodation services;
- Focusing on case management and case coordination service to families;
- Conducting regular and timely client reviews to assess family programs;
- Facilitating high quality group work as required;
- As well as other duties specified in the Position Description.
To be considered for this role you will:
- Have Tertiary qualifications in an appropriate area e.g., Social Work, Welfare, Psychology, or related discipline and or demonstrated relevant industry experience;
- Demonstrated and detailed knowledge of and experience working with housing issues and an understanding of the needs of homeless people;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals in a case management process;
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills, including report writing;
- Have flexibility to work weekends;
- Hold a valid working with children check clearance;
- Have a valid NSW drivers’ licence and own car;
- As well as other criteria specified in the Position Description.
Working with CatholicCare
CatholicCare offers a range of initiatives to actively promote your life/work balance and development of our employees through:
- Working for a not for profit organisation who strive for a world where people are safe, happy, well and connected with each other in inclusive communities;
- Great training and learning opportunities to help further your career;
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support;
- Salary packaging benefits to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free, as well as additional meal and entertainment benefits.
If you are a passionate person who realises the tremendous opportunity that this role offers and want to utilise your skills and passion in a rewarding environment, we want to hear from you!
Please provide a cover letter addressing the role requirements, complete your work history and education information on the application page and submit your resume.
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Please apply by 16th September 2020.
We are currently interviewing for this role. Late applicants may be considered.
CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. All child related roles are subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check Clearance in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
Completing a National Criminal History Record Check clearance is a requirement of this position
No recruitment agencies please