- Part time hours (22.8 hours a week)
- Fixed term contract (until 30th June 2022)
- Waitara location
- Access to excellent salary packaging benefits
About the program
Join our vibrant, faith-based agency providing innovative social care services to 23,000+ children, young people, individuals and families in the Northern Metropolitan Sydney and on the Central Coast.
We are seeking a Homelessness Support - Therapeutic Worker to provide therapeutic lead and support to clients who have been accepted into the Together Home Program.
This role will be based within the existing specialist Homeless Services Team located at Waitara Family Centre and will contribute to the delivery of a comprehensive support service that provides a suite of therapeutic support for individuals to assist them in addressing the challenges to sustaining secure housing and improving the quality of their lives
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Supports the treatment and assessment of external referrals required to address complex factors including drug and alcohol and mental health
- Providing outreach and home visits and practical supports as and when needed
- Provide effective case management, observe, assess, formulate & review case plans with individuals and families using the relevant client management resources
- Appropriate networking within the broader community to ensure client access to relevant services that meet their needs
- Applying evidence-based practice and drawing on theoretical frameworks appropriate for the needs of the clients
- Provide counselling support to clients
- As well as other duties specified in the Position Description.
To be considered for this role you will:
- Tertiary qualifications in an appropriate area e.g., Counselling and Family Therapy or Social Work, or related discipline and/or demonstrated relevant industry experience such as Social Science, Welfare, Psychology,
- Demonstrated and detailed knowledge of and experience working with housing issues, and an understanding of the needs of homeless people
- Demonstrated knowledge of and familiarity with legal and other aspects of domestic violence and child protection and custody issues.
- Counselling experience/skills
- Current and valid NSW Driver’s Licence
- Hold a valid working with children check clearance;
- As well as other criteria specified in the Position Description.
Working with CatholicCare
CatholicCare offers a range of initiatives to actively promote your life/work balance and development of our employees through:
- Working for a not for profit organisation who strive for a world where people are safe, happy, well and connected with each other in inclusive communities;
- Great training and learning opportunities to help further your career;
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support;
- Salary packaging benefits to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free, as well as additional meal and entertainment benefits.
If you are a passionate person who realises the tremendous opportunity that this role offers and want to utilise your skills and passion in a rewarding environment, we want to hear from you!
Please provide a cover letter addressing the role requirements, complete your work history and education information on the application page and submit your resume.
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Please apply by 17th September 2020.
We are currently interviewing for this role. Late applicants may be considered.
CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. All child related roles are subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check Clearance in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
Completing a National Criminal History Record Check clearance is a requirement of this position
No recruitment agencies please