Attractive Salary Packaging Options
Supportive team environment
Learning and Development Opportunities
About the role
We are seeking a Caseworker to join our Together Home program located in Waitara, Sydney. This position provides quality case management, case coordination, support and information to homeless individuals and families.
This role works within a broader team, who are very team-oriented with a supportive culture. The Together Home program also includes a Mental Health Nurse Practitioner who works closely with the Caseworkers in the team.
This is a Max-term Full-time position until June 2023.
- Provide case planning to clients who are housed to support them to maintain their tenancy.
- Provide case planning to clients who are homeless and will be transitioning into a tenancy.
- Provide wrap around support services to clients.
- Liaise with all necessary key stakeholders including community housing, mental health and drug and alcohol services.
- Use a trauma informed approach when working with clients.
- Have Tertiary qualifications in an appropriate area e.g., Social Work, Welfare, Psychology, or related discipline (desirable, not essential)
- AND/OR Demonstrated and detailed knowledge of and experience working with housing issues and an understanding of the needs of homeless people;
- Experience and understanding of case management process;
- A Working With Children Check and Criminal History Check;
- Have a valid NSW drivers’ licence and insurance.
At CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay we make a positive difference in the lives of the people we serve. Our services include NDIS disability services, foster care and out of home care supports, services for seniors, children’s services and a range of Community Services supports.
We are also a child-safe and child-friendly organisation.
We are a safe, respectful, and inclusive employer. We welcome all applicants, regardless of their cultural background, gender, faith or disability. Our organisation will accommodate any reasonable requests to support you to thrive during the recruitment process and beyond.
Culture and Benefits
Please find attached a video about what it means to work at CatholicCare. We also offer:
- Salary packaging benefits to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free.
- A focus on employee well-being, with regular reflective/practice supervision opportunities;
- Access to training and learning opportunities.
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support; as well as
- An additional Paid Leave day (CatholicCare Day) to be taken at the end of the year.
How to apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, please provide a cover letter addressing the role requirements, complete your work history and education information on the application page and submit your resume.
No recruitment agencies please