Permanent Part-time Vacancies
This is a rewarding role that offers learning and development opportunities
About the role
CatholicCare provides a comprehensive range of individual and group programs for those with disability. We are currently seeking highly motivated individuals as Activity Support Partners to support our clients at dedicated disability hubs, community and home-based locations in the Northern Metropolitan Sydney and on the NSW Central Coast.
Applicants will have the opportunity to support clients across a number of settings including day long activities in the community and in-centre, afterschool programs within school environments and other centres, an art studio, community-based recreational programs, vacation care programs and in their home.
We have Permanent Part-time positions available (from 12 to 28 hours per week) due to expansion of our services in our community.
- Assist our clients to implement their goals
- Making decisions using sound judgement and problem-solving skills to advocate for the client
- Accompanying clients on any required excursions events or outings
- Providing feedback on client's Person-Centred Plan
- Providing a safe environment for participants
- May be required to assist client with personal care needs.
Skills & experience
- Experience or willingness to work with vulnerable people of all ages
- Certificate III or above in Disability or related discipline (desirable)
- Have experience supporting or empowering others to achieve personal outcomes
- Have highly developed communication and time management skills
- Hold a valid NSW Driver’s licence and insured vehicle
- First aid Certificate (or ability to obtain one before commencing)
- Completing a NDIS Worker Check is a requirement of this position
- Completion of the mandatory NDIS Worker Orientation Module ‘Quality, Safety and You’ is required. Click here to access it.
At CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay we make a positive difference in the lives of the people we serve. Our services include NDIS disability services, foster care and out of home care supports, services for seniors, children’s services and a range of Community Services supports.
We are also a child-safe and child-friendly organisation.
We are a safe, respectful, and inclusive employer. We welcome all applicants, regardless of their cultural background, gender, faith or disability. Our organisation will accommodate any reasonable requests to support you to thrive during the recruitment process and beyond.
Culture and Benefits
Please find attached a video about what it means to work at CatholicCare. We also offer:
- A focus on employee well-being, with regular reflective/practice supervision opportunities;
- Access to training and learning opportunities.
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support; as well as
How to apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, please provide a cover letter addressing the role requirements, complete your work history and education information on the application page and submit your resume.
No recruitment agencies please