Casual Ongoing Vacancies Available
Plenty of shifts available!
About the role
CatholicCare provides a comprehensive range of individual and group programs for those with disability. We are looking for enthusiastic and caring disability support workers to join our team at Brookvale.
We have day and recreational programs for adults and children with a disability that run Monday-Friday, weekends, Friday nights and a vacation care program.
In addition to these programs we have a professional film, music, photography and art program for people with a disability that may be perfect for you if you have an interest in these areas and enjoy caring for people while also helping them to achieve their goals!
*We are also interested to hear from candidates who are interested in gaining experience in the Disability sector who are enthusiastic and willing to learn and participate in related training.
- Assist our clients to implement their goals
- Making decisions using sound judgement and problem-solving skills to advocate for the client
- Accompanying clients on any required excursions events or outings
- Providing feedback on client's Person-Centred Plan
- Providing a safe environment for participants
- May be required to assist client with personal care needs.
Skills & experience
At CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay we make a positive difference in the lives of the people we serve. Our services include NDIS disability services, foster care and out of home care supports, services for seniors, children’s services and a range of Community Services supports.
We are also a child-safe and child-friendly organisation.
We are a safe, respectful, and inclusive employer. We welcome all applicants, regardless of their cultural background, gender, faith or disability. Our organisation will accommodate any reasonable requests to support you to thrive during the recruitment process and beyond.
Culture and Benefits
Please find attached a video about what it means to work at CatholicCare. We also offer:
- A focus on employee well-being, with regular reflective/practice supervision opportunities;
- Access to training and learning opportunities.
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support; as well as
How to apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, please provide a cover letter addressing the role requirements, complete your work history and education information on the application page and submit your resume.
No recruitment agencies please