Is 2022 the year you pursue a career in Community Services? Does Youth Work sound interesting to you?
If so, then register for our upcoming Information Night to find out why working for CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay is SO rewarding!
What is the Information Night about?
The information night focuses on the Youth Worker role within our Permanency Support Program (commonly referred to as Out of Home Care or Residential Care) located on the Central Coast.
CatholicCare’s Permanency Support Program implements Intensive Therapeutic Care model of service to support children and young people in our care who have experienced trauma and neglect. Youth Workers work within a Residential Care setting to assist in creating a safe and nurturing environment where the children can feel at home while learning important personal and life skills.
Who should attend an Information Night?
ANY individual who is interested in learning about the Youth Worker role and what it entails.
The only pre-requisites are the following:
- You are interested in a Community Services career, with a particular interest in Youth Work.
- You have recently finished a Diploma of Community Services OR are willing to study a Diploma of Community of Services ( and already have with a minimum qualification of Cert IV in Youth Work or equivalent)
- A desire to make a difference in the lives of others, with great empathy and respect for others.
- Covid-19 vaccinated
About CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay
At CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay we make a positive difference in the lives of the people we serve. Our services include Disability services, foster care and out of home care supports, services for seniors, children’s services and a range of Community Services supports. We are also a child-safe and child-friendly organisation. We are a safe, respectful, and inclusive employer. We welcome all applicants, regardless of their cultural background, gender, faith or disability.
Our staff receive the following benefits, such as:
- Salary packaging benefits to receive a portion of your salary tax-free
- Annual Leave Loading
- Supportive career progression path ways (Youth Worker, House Supervisor and Case Manager positions, as well as opportunities in other programs across the organisation)
- A focus on employee well-being, with regular reflective/practice supervision opportunities;
- Access to training and learning opportunities.
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support; as well as
- An additional Paid Leave day (CatholicCare Day) to be taken at the end of the year.
When is the Information Night?
The information night is scheduled for Tuesday, 31st May 2022 from 6pm - 7:30pm at CatholicCare's West Gosford Hub, Central Coast.
More information will be sent to you closer to the date.
How can I register?
Please go to "Apply Now" to register your interest to attend.
Please contact [email protected] with any further question or queries you may have regarding the role or services we provide.