$61,000 to $81,000 per annum PLUS AL Loading PLUS Salary Packaging
Supportive team environment
ABOVE AWARD RATES!
About the role
CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Early Childhood Teacher to provide a quality early childhood education program for children at our Early Learning Centre (ELC) based at Forestville, ensuring the program meets the Education and care Services National Regulations and Law and the National Quality Standards.
In this role you will be the ECT for groups of preschool children attending across the week. You will be responsible for all aspects of the delivery of a quality preschool program, maintain appropriate child development records and promote intentional teaching and reflective practice. You will bring strong team building qualities to this role and assist the Director of the centre where required.
New graduates are encouraged to apply and will be supported with professional development opportunities. This is a Permanent Full-time position.
- 4 year Bachelor of Early Childhood Education degree
- Provide evidence of current Teacher Accreditation status.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement programs for children based on contemporary practices and theories and the Early Years Learning Framework.
- Knowledge of Education and Care Services National Regulations and Law and the National Quality Standards.
- Understanding of Child Protection responsibilities.
- Knowledge of working with children with additional needs and working inclusively with the wider team and agencies to support these children to be confident learners.
- First Aid Certificate for early childhood education settings.
- Statement of Attainment for “Identify and Respond to Children and Young People at Risk of Harm”
- A Working With Children Check and Criminal History Check is required.
- Applicants will be required to disclose and evidence their COVID-19 vaccination status as part of their application for employment. If applicable you will be required to evidence a medical contraindication certificate
At CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay we make a positive difference in the lives of the people we serve. Our services include NDIS disability services, foster care and out of home care supports, services for seniors, children’s services and a range of Community Services supports.
We are also a child-safe and child-friendly organisation.
We are a safe, respectful, and inclusive employer. We welcome all applicants, regardless of their cultural background, gender, faith or disability. Our organisation will accommodate any reasonable requests to support you to thrive during the recruitment process and beyond.
Culture and Benefits
Please find attached a video about what it means to work at CatholicCare. We also offer:
- Salary packaging benefits to receive a portion of your salary tax-free.
- A focus on employee well-being, with regular reflective/practice supervision opportunities;
- Access to training and learning opportunities.
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support;
- Parental Leave Benefits as well as
- An additional Paid Leave day (CatholicCare Day) to be taken at the end of the year.
How to apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, please provide a cover letter addressing the role requirements, complete your work history and education information on the application page and submit your resume.
No recruitment agencies please