- Funded professional development opportunities
- Clinical supervision included
- Flexible working arrangements including hybrid working from home / office model
About the role
CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay is seeking a Counsellor to join our Family, Relationship and Health program based in Northern Sydney.
This is a Permanent Part-time position, working 22.8 hours per week in Waitara, Sydney. Flexible
To provide high quality, trauma informed, time framed, relationship, family law and family counselling for individuals, couples, families. This role also provides groupwork.
- Tertiary qualifications in counselling, Social Work, Welfare, Psychology, or professionally related disciplines.
- Post graduate study in areas relevant to counselling.
- Experience in various forms of counselling, with demonstrated knowledge and experience in therapeutic frameworks.
- Experience in group work facilitation with ability to plan, deliver and evaluate.
- Demonstrated ability to manage crisis situations and make sound decisions under pressure.
- Working With Children Check and Criminal History Check will be required for this role.
At CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay we make a positive difference in the lives of the people we serve. Our services include NDIS disability services, foster care and out of home care supports, services for seniors, children’s services and a range of Community Services supports.
We are also a child-safe and child-friendly organisation.
We are a safe, respectful, and inclusive employer. We welcome all applicants, regardless of their cultural background, gender, faith or disability. Our organisation will accommodate any reasonable requests to support you to thrive during the recruitment process and beyond.
Culture and Benefits
Please find attached a video about what it means to work at CatholicCare. We also offer:
- Salary packaging benefits to receive a portion of your salary tax-free.
- A focus on employee well-being, with regular reflective/practice supervision opportunities;
- Access to training and learning opportunities.
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support; as well as
- An additional Paid Leave day (CatholicCare Day) to be taken at the end of the year.
How to apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, please provide a cover letter addressing the role requirements, complete your work history and education information on the application page and submit your resume.
No recruitment agencies please