- Salary Classification SCHADS LEVEL 3 (from $32.54 per hour)
- Salary PLUS Salary Packaging PLUS Annual Leave Loading
- Career Progression/Pathways
About the role
CatholicCare’s Permanency Support Program implements Intensive Therapeutic Care model of service to support children and young people in our care who have experienced trauma and neglect. Youth Workers work within a Residential Care setting to assist in creating a safe and nurturing environment where the children can feel at home while learning important personal and life skills.
Permanent Part Time and Casual positions are available. Youth Workers operate on a 24/7 roster which include morning, afternoon and night shifts, including sleepovers and awake shifts as needed. As a permanent staff member, you will be expected to work weekends and public holidays if your shift falls during these times.
A Youth Worker has;
- An ability to build rapport with all stakeholders ;
- Empathy and respect for others;
- Great problem solving skills to assist in manage challenging situations;
- An understanding of the importance of professional boundaries;
- A commitment to safeguarding children and creating a safe work environment for all.
- Candidates must have completed a Certificate 111 or Certificate IV in Community Services and be willing to enrol and complete a Diploma of Community Services or relevant qualifications of Diploma Level or above;
- Experience working in a Youth Worker position is desirable;
- Knowledge of trauma, including the impact of abuse and neglect on the development and behaviours of children and young people;
- A valid NSW Driver’s licence;
- A Working With Children Check and Criminal History Check is required for this role
- A Current First Aid Certificate or willing to obtain before commencement.
For Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Identified candidates, minimum qualification is desirable, but experience and willingness to participate in training is acceptable.
At CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay we make a positive difference in the lives of the people we serve. Our services include NDIS disability services, foster care and out of home care supports, services for seniors, children’s services and a range of Community Services supports.
We are also a child-safe and child-friendly organisation.
We are a safe, respectful, and inclusive employer. We welcome all applicants, regardless of their cultural background, gender, faith or disability. Our organisation will accommodate any reasonable requests to support you to thrive during the recruitment process and beyond.
Culture and Benefits
Please find attached a video about what it means to work at CatholicCare. We also offer:
- Salary packaging benefits to receive a portion of your salary tax-free
- Supportive career progression path ways (Youth Worker, House Supervisor and Case Manager positions, as well as opportunities in other programs across the organisation)
- A focus on employee well-being, with regular reflective/practice supervision opportunities;
- Access to training and learning opportunities.
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support; as well as
- Additional paid leave over Christmas
How to apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, please provide a cover letter addressing the role requirements, complete your work history and education information on the application page and submit your resume.
No recruitment agencies please