- SCHADS AWARD Level 2 - $27.07 per hour rate plus 25% casual leave loading
- Are you wanting to work with individuals in a community aged care setting?
- Are you committed to social justice and would like to gain experience in this field?
- Are you wanting to work in Northern Sydney (Hills District, Lower North Shore and Northern Beaches)?
- Possibility of ongoing casual work.
We are currently seeking highly motivated individuals as Activity Support Partners in a casual capacity within Community Aged Care. Using your people skills and knowledge you will deliver support, using a wellness and reablement framework, in client’s home and in the community.
About the program
CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay is a diverse and innovative social care provider delivering children's services education and care, disability services, Aged Care, a range of family support programs and therapeutic out of home care to 20,000+ children, young people, individuals and families in Northern Metropolitan Sydney and on the NSW Central Coast.
Through dedicated hubs, community and home-based locations across Northern Sydney and the Central Coast, CatholicCare provides a comprehensive range of services to seniors that focus on understanding individual needs and preferences.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Interacting positively with clients, families, carers and other key stakeholders at all times
- Undertaking all required aspects of the clients care needs
- Making decisions using sound judgement and problem-solving skills to advocate for the client
- Accompanying client on any required excursions events or outings
- Implementing and providing feedback on client care needs using Carelink+
- Providing a safe environment for the client.
- Ensuring service provision complies with Australian Aged Care Quality Standards; Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission Act 2018; Aged Care Act 1997
A Certificate III or above in Community Services, Aged Care, Leisure and Health, Individual Support or related discipline would be an advantage.
Working with CatholicCare
CatholicCare offers a range of initiatives to actively promote your life/work balance and development of our employees through:
- Working for a not for profit organisation who strive for a world where people are safe, happy, well and connected with each other in inclusive communities;
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support
Casual staff employed with our Seniors programs also have the opportunity to gain experience working with our Disability programs. This is an exciting opportunity for career development for those interested.
If you are a passionate person who realises the tremendous opportunity that this role offers and want to utilise your skills and passion in a rewarding environment, we want to hear from you!
Simply complete your work history & education information on the application page and attach your resume. You are welcome to include any certificates or licences in the education section to assist us in assessing your suitability for this role.
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. All child related roles are subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check Clearance in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
Completing a National Criminal History Record Check clearance is a requirement of this position
No recruitment agencies please