- Naremburn Family Centre.
- Fixed Term 12 Month Contract (likely to be extended)
- 35 Hours Per Week
- Attractive salary packaging options.
We are currently seeking highly motivated individuals to work in our Women's Domestic Violence and Court Advocacy Service (WDVCAS) as Local Coordination Point Intake & Referral Officer. To be successful in this position, you will have:
- Understanding of the dynamics, complexities and legal consequences of domestic violence, with atleast 2 years experience working this area.
- Understanding of the criminal justice response to domestic violence including Apprehended Domestic Violence Order (ADVO) applications and criminal prosecutions.
- Understanding of the particular needs of, and challenges faced by, clients from diverse communities, especially ATSI and CALD clients.
- Sound organisational, administrative and management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly in negotiation, advocacy and conflict resolution.
- Knowledge of and an ability to work effectively with interpreter services and other support services for victims with specific needs.
- This role requires a female worker, this is a genuine occupational qualification for this role.
About the role
Our WDVCAS team provide support, advocacy, referrals and information for women experiencing domestic violence. We help women and their children with information about
domestic and family violence, and how to get protection from the court. We
see clients before, during, and after court.
- Assisting the Safety Action Meeting Co-ordinator to develop and administer policies, systems and processes for the effective operation of the Local Coordination Point and the Safety Action Meeting.
- Accepting electronic referrals from the Central Referral Point as well as telephone and paper referrals from government agencies and non-government services.
- Contacting clients referred to the Local Coordination Point in a timely and appropriate manner to offer a service.
- Conducting a threat assessment with clients to ascertain current risk status.
- Making warm referrals to a range of agencies and services to assist clients with their ongoing needs, such as counselling, legal advice and representation, accommodation and court advocacy.
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with key WDVCAS partners including NSW Police Force, Local Courts, legal representatives and referral agencies, in order to facilitate client access to those agencies and services.
Working with CatholicCare
CatholicCare offers a range of initiatives to actively promote your life/work balance and development of our employees through:
- Working for a not for profit organisation who strive for a world where people are safe, happy, well and connected with each other in inclusive communities;
- Great training and learning opportunities to help further your career;
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support;
- Salary packaging benefits to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free, as well as additional meal and entertainment benefits.
If you are a passionate person who realises the tremendous opportunity that this role offers and want to utilise your skills and passion in a rewarding environment, we want to hear from you!
Simply complete your work history & education information on the application page and submit your resume. You are welcome to include any certificates or licences in the education section to assist us in assessing your suitability for this role.
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Please apply by 23 July 2019
CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. All child related roles are subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check Clearance in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
Completing a National Criminal History Record Check clearance is a requirement of this position
No recruitment agencies please