- Are you wanting to make a difference in the lives of people with a disability?
- Do you have a passion for helping and mentoring others to achieve their best?
- Do you have a talent that you would like to share with others to help make their lives as exciting as they can be?
- Are you local to the Sydney North Shore Region?
- Would you like to work for a company that provides you with opportunities to move across different sections and types of work within the community services industry?
About the program
CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay is a diverse and innovative social care provider delivering children's services education and care, disability services, a range of family support programs and therapeutic out of home care to 20,000+ children, young people, individuals and families in Northern Metropolitan Sydney and on the NSW Central Coast.
Through dedicated disability hubs, community and home-based locations across northern Sydney and the Central Coast, CatholicCare provides a comprehensive range of individual and group programs for those with disability.
About the role
We are currently seeking highly motivated individuals as Activity Support Partners in a casual capacity within the Disability Futures Team. Using your people’s skills and knowledge you will deliver person-centred activities in supervised or unsupervised settings to participants.
Applicants will have the opportunity to support people across a number of settings including day long activities in the community and in-centre, afterschool programs within school environments and other centres, an art studio, community-based recreational programs and in their home.
We are looking for Casuals that are flexible, with availability to work at short notice. Shifts are usually between Monday and Saturday and between 9am to 6pm.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Supporting the implementation of individualised Life Style Plans.
- Making decisions using sound judgement and problem-solving skills to advocate for the participant.
- Accompanying participants on any required excursions events or outings
- Implementing and providing feedback on the participant's Person-Centred Plan
- Liaising with families, and other stake holders for identifying ways to enrich individual people’s Life and experiences.
- Providing a safe environment for participants
- Ensuring service provision complies with the Disability Inclusions Act and the service principles outlined by the NDIS through its code of Conduct
To be considered for this role you will:
- Hold (certificate III in disabilities or equivalent and/or relevant experience in the field)
- Possess experience working and engaging with vulnerable children, young people and their families
- Have experience supporting or empowering others to achieve personal outcomes
- Have the following attributes:
- Demonstrated ability to proactively manage risk, based on a set information provided
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to regularly changing circumstances
- Ability to uphold Catholic Values including respect, dignity and empathy with others.
- Commit to attending relevant training sessions
- Commit to attending a compulsory three-monthly meeting in a Weekday evening for 3 hours.
- Have highly developed communication and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Confident computer skills
- Hold a valid NSW Driver’s licence; as well as
- First aid Certificate
- Certificate of understanding and Commitment to the NDIS code of conduct
Working with CatholicCare
CatholicCare offers a range of initiatives to actively promote your life/work balance and development of our employees through:
- Working for a not for profit organisation who strive for a world where people are safe, happy, well and connected with each other in inclusive communities;
- Great training and learning opportunities to help further your career;
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support;
If you are a passionate person who realises the tremendous opportunity that this role offers and want to utilise your skills and passion in a rewarding environment, we want to hear from you!
Simply complete your work history & education information on the application page and attach your resume & cover letter. You are welcome to include any certificates or licences in the education section to assist us in assessing your suitability for this role.
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. All child related roles are subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check Clearance in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
Completing a National Criminal History Record Check clearance is a requirement of this position
No recruitment agencies please