- Are you wanting to work with people living with a disability?
- Are you a committed to social justice and would like to gain experience in this field?
- North Shore Region.
- Possibility of ongoing casual work
We are currently seeking highly motivated individuals as Activity Support Partners in casual capacity within the Disability Futures Team. Using your people’s skills and knowledge you will deliver person-centred activities in supervised or unsupervised settings to participants.
About the program
CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay is a diverse and innovative social care provider delivering children's services education and care, disability services, a range of family support programs and therapeutic out of home care to 20,000+ children, young people, individuals and families in Northern Metropolitan Sydney and on the NSW Central Coast.
Through dedicated disability hubs, community and home-based locations across northern Sydney and the Central Coast, CatholicCare provides a comprehensive range of individual and group programs for those with disability.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Supporting the implementation of individualised Life Style Plans.
- Making decisions using sound judgement and problem-solving skills to advocate for the participant.
- Accompanying participants on any required excursions events or outings
- Implementing and providing feedback on the participant's Person-Centred Plan
- Liaising with families, and other stake holders for identifying ways to enrich individual people’s Life and experiences.
- Providing a safe environment for participants
- Ensuring service provision complies with Disability Service Standards, Disability Inclusion Act and Community Care Common Standards.
A certificate III or above in Disability Services or related discipline would be an advantage.
Working with CatholicCare
CatholicCare offers a range of initiatives to actively promote your life/work balance and development of our employees through:
- Working for a not for profit organisation who strive for a world where people are safe, happy, well and connected with each other in inclusive communities;
- Great training and learning opportunities to help further your career;
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support;
- Salary packaging benefits to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free, as well as additional meal and entertainment benefits.
If you are a passionate person who realises the tremendous opportunity that this role offers and want to utilise your skills and passion in a rewarding environment, we want to hear from you!
Simply complete your work history & education information on the application page and attach your resume & cover letter. You are welcome to include any certificates or licences in the education section to assist us in assessing your suitability for this role.
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. All child related roles are subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check Clearance in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
Completing a National Criminal History Record Check clearance is a requirement of this position
No recruitment agencies please