- Work with a great team on the Central Coast
- Offering 2 Permanent Part-time positions to fit your lifestyle
- Access to excellent salary packaging benefits
About the program
Join our vibrant, faith-based agency providing innovative social care services to 14,000+ children, young people, individuals and families in the Northern Metropolitan Sydney and on the Central Coast.
We are seeking 2 Part-time Support Workers to join our KEYS program on the Central Coast. The KEYS supports homeless young parents (aged 16-24) to change their situations with innovative solutions. We use a client centred, strength based, trauma informed framework to support young parents to meet their goals and address the causes of their homelessness.
One of the Part-time positions available is 22.8 hours per week and the other is 15.2 hours per week. Please indicate your preference in your Cover Letter if you wish to apply.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Actively engaging young parents to form professional relationships that are restorative in nature;
- Through goal planning, motivating and inspiring our young parents to explore and discover their strengths and ways these can be developed into life skills for the future;
- Maintaining necessary data bases and clients notes as well as actively participating in team and supervision;
- As well as other duties specified in the attached Position Description.
To be considered for this role you will :
- Have Tertiary qualifications in an appropriate area e.g., Social Work, Welfare, Psychology, or related discipline and or demonstrated relevant industry experience;
- Demonstrate work experience working with 16 – 24 year old age group;
- Have CIMS Data base experience and Rapid Rehousing model and Rent Choice Subsidy knowledge.
- Possess a client service focus, integrity and a commitment to teamwork;
- Hold a valid working with children check clearance;
- As well as other criteria specified in the attached Position Description.
Working with CatholicCare
CatholicCare offers a range of initiatives to actively promote your life/work balance and development of our employees through:
- Working for a not for profit organisation who strive for a world where people are safe, happy, well and connected with each other in inclusive communities;
- Great training and learning opportunities to help further your career;
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support;
- Salary packaging benefits to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free, as well as additional meal and entertainment benefits.
If you are a passionate person who realises the tremendous opportunity that this role offers and want to utilise your skills and passion in a rewarding environment, we want to hear from you!
Please provide a cover letter addressing the role requirements, complete your work history and education information on the application page and submit your resume.
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Please apply by 19 July 2019.
CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. All child related roles are subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check Clearance in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
Completing a National Criminal History Record Check clearance is a requirement of this position
No recruitment agencies please